Ms. Dina Kamel , Partner, focuses on the practices of Telecommunications, Corporate, M&A, Arbitration, Insurance, Data Protection.
With a growing professional experience record of 13 years, selected examples of the matters she has contributed to include:
- Advising a US Based ridesharing company on all legal matters related to Regulatory, TMT, Data Privacy & Security, Commercial as well as Review of Agreements. Examples of legal matters in which Ms. Kamel professionally participated are the following:
- The negotiations with the Egyptian Government and in the parliamentary sessions in relation to the Issuance of the New IT Transport Law.
- The Executive Regulations of the Ride Hailing Law.
- Advising on its Electronic Contracts.
- Advised a blue-chip charitable Foundation - leading the online sharing of free knowledge and educational content - on the going attempts of attacks to compromise user accounts.
- Advising Yodawy since its inception of activities in Egypt in 2019 and supporting its startup business to become now one of Egypt’s widely used online medication, teleconsultation and lab test ordering applications in cooperation with licensed pharmacies, doctors and labs (Ongoing).
- Participated in the review of multiple agreements as part of the scope related to the restructuring and selling of one of the leading Egyptian Pharmaceutical companies (2020).
- Assisted a learning-solutions consulting firm in reviewing a Collaborative Agreement with one of the international universities for the anticipated establishment of a branch campus in the New Administrative Capital in Egypt (2021).
- Assisted Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E. (“Vodafone”) with drafting the law related to cyber crimes and all related data privacy concerns within this law, the Firm assisted as well with the parliamentary sessions for this law.
- Advised Vodafone on all regulatory and licensing matters related to the electronic service for the transfer of money at anytime and from anywhere in Egypt through Vodafone Cash.
- Advising Vodafone in the State Council Case contesting the Telecommunications Minister’s Decree by which NTRA is to apply a Penalties Scheme on all telecom operators in case of non-compliance with legal / regulatory obligations - 2015 / Ongoing.
- Advising Mondi Industrial Bags B.V. in the Euro 13.6 million Acquisition of Suez Bags Company SAE through Mandatory Tender Offer. (2018)
- Advising Mondi Industrial Bags B.V. in its Euro 24 million Acquisition of the National Paper Products Company SAE.
- Negotiated the issuance of the 4G license in Egypt for Vodafone - 2016
- Negotiated the new Data Center Framework for the Data Centers’ industry in Egypt, Global Peering Exchange LTD – 2015/ 2016.
Ms. Kamel had joined ZH&P as an Associate in the year 2007 through February 2010, she moved to the Regulatory Team of Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E. from March 2010 through August 2013, and she rejoined the Firm in September 2014.
The Legal 500 ranked Ms. Dina Kamel as “Next Generation Partner” in the practice of Technology, Media, and Telecommunications in 2020 and 2021 and as “Next Generation Lawyer” in 2019. She is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 2006 and was admitted before the Egyptian Court of Appeal in 2015. She is proficient in Arabic, English, French and German.
Ms. Kamel achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law (IDAI Maîtrise) in 2005 and earned the LL.M. from Paris 2 Pantheon Assas, Sorbonne, Paris, (DESS 2006). She also received the International MBA from EADA Business School Barcelona, Spain, in 2014.
"Led by Dina Kamel, on all projects the team’s involvement and input proved strategic and of high value to us." The LEGAL 500 – Client Testimonials – TMT, 2021
"Dina Kamel and Tamer Gamal are a unique and complementary duo with significant corporate and litigation experience. They are able to breakdown any challenge in multiple ways and reconstruct a solution in innovative ways." The LEGAL 500 – Client Testimonials – TMT, 2021
“Managing partner Yasser Hashem, who leads the corporate, capital markets and telecoms practices, and Dina Kamel are the key practitioners.”.The LEGAL 500 – TMT, 2020
“Our main partner there, Dina Kamel, is highly supportive, time-conscious and resourceful. Dina has helped us finalise detailed agreements in record time and at good quality when we needed that. Also Dina has been able to identify and avail legal subject matter experts at a short lead time to address cross functional issues.” The LEGAL 500 – TMT, 2020
"Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law led the development of Egypt's telecoms market in the 1990s and continues to dominate that space. The highly regarded Yasser Hashem and 'highly capable' senior associate Dina Kamel 'strike the difficult balance between deep legal technical expertise and highly developed business acumen”. The LEGAL 500 – TMT, 2019