Dr. Mohamed Aboul-Saoud, Partner, had been a member of ZH&P during the period 2010 through 2015. He re-joined the Firm in 2018 with a focus on international arbitration and dispute resolution. He renders general legal opinions and advises clients regarding dispute resolution and associated legal assessment. He represents clients in court cases to set aside arbitral awards.
He has acted as counsel, co-counsel, co-arbitrator and sole arbitrator in more than 25 arbitration cases covering a wide range of fields including telecommunications, construction, infrastructure projects and concessions, distribution, share purchase agreements, hospitality, and general commercial agreements. He has worked with multinational and national entities on high profile and complex cases under the auspices of several arbitration institutions, mainly CRCICA and ICC, and also LCIA, DIAC, and SIAC, in addition to UNCITRAL ad hoc cases.
With over 19 years of experience, selected examples of arbitration cases handled by Dr. Aboul-Saoud include:
- Advised on a dispute relating to a mega infrastructure project (concession agreement), the amount of claims and the counter-claims exceeds US$ 1.7 Billion, (ICC).
- Represented – as co-counsel - a leading logistics and supply chain management company in a dispute related to a shareholders agreement, the amount of claim exceeds US$ 40 Million, (ICC).
- Representing a leading mobile telecommunication company in a Loyalty Points Management dispute exceeding EGP 320 Million, (CRCICA).
- Representing a leading mobile Telecommunications company in an Interconnection dispute, the amounts of claims and counter-claims exceeding EGP 1 Billion, (CRCICA)
- Representing a leading hotel management company in a hotel management dispute exceeding US$ 18 Million, (ICC).
- Represented a leading mobile Telecommunication company in an Interconnection dispute exceeding EGP 10.2 Billion.
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since his graduation in 1999 and is currently admitted before the Egyptian Courts of Appeal. He is member of the AEJF (Association Egyptienne des Juristes Francophones) and is proficient in Arabic, English, and French. Furthermore, he published « La Franchise Principale: Théorie et analyse contractuelle en droit français et égyptien ». Éditions universitaires européennes (April 1, 2011).
Dr. Aboul-Saoud achieved the Ph.D. from University of Montpellier1, France, in 2009. He had achieved Masters degree in Business Law in 2002 from Institut de Droit des Affaires Internationales (a joint programme between Cairo University and Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne) and the LLB from the University of Tanta in 1999.