Ms. Heba El Naggar, Partner, has diverse experience in corporate and commercial matters as well as PPP projects. She is well-versed in the field of M&A where she regularly leads due diligence teams in relation to acquisitions and drafts and negotiates the relevant transaction documents. Ms. El Naggar frequently advises clients on the establishment of legal presence in Egypt and on exit strategies, she reviews and drafts commercial contracts, and advises on real estate and labor issues.
Having joined ZH&P in 2014 and with over 12 years of experience, selected examples of recent matters that she has taken part in include:
- Sixth and Seventh securitization bond issuance (CORPLEASE) – 2016
- Joint Venture of the Austrian ALPLA Group and the Egyptian Taba Group, ALPLA Group - 2016
- 250 MW Wind Farm Project in the Gulf of Suez, GDF Consortium - 2016
- Marseilia Securitization, Marseilia for Real Estate Investment - 2015
- Corplease Securitizations, Corplease – 2014 and 2015
- IDH Acquisition, Actis LLP – 2014
- Member of the team advising the awarded consortium members in relation to a build, own, operate project for a 262.5 MW Wind Farm in Gulf of Suez (2017)
- Member of the team advising the Egyptian government in relation to the Abu Rawash Wastewater Treatment Plant PPP Project for the design, financing, construction and operation of a secondary treatment stage, cogeneration and digestion facilities for the Abu Rawash Wastewater Treatment Plant, and the operation and maintenance of the existing primary treatment facilities with a capacity of 1.2 million m3/day. Work carried out involved the drafting of the tender document for issuance (2013)
- Member of the team advising the Egyptian government in relation to the Alexandria University Hospitals PPP Project for the design, construction, financing, equipping, furnishing, maintenance, and provision of selected non-clinical services for twenty years and transfer of ownership back to Alexandria University in connection with the Smouha Maternity University Hospital and Blood Bank and Mowassat Specialized University Hospital. The project reached commercial closing in April 2012 when the winning bidder signed the project contract with Alexandria University. Work carried out included participating in the drafting of the project contract and in the drafting and negotiation of direct agreement for financial closing (2012 and 2013)
- Member of the team advising MCIT on the feasibility of carrying out Phase 4 of an ICT project for the development of 10 buildings by the private sector which will have the task to design, finance, build, operate and maintain a cost effective office space with international standards of in accordance with the provisions of the PPP Law No. 67 of 2010 (2013)
- Member of the team drafting a report on sub-sovereign financing of infrastructure projects in Egypt for the benefit of an international financial institution wishing to commence operations in Egypt (2012)
She was ranked by the LEGAL 500 as “Next Generation Lawyer” in the Commercial, Corporate, and M&A practice for the years 2017 and 2018.
She is member of the Egyptian Bar Association, was admitted before the Court of Appeal in 2016, and is fluent in Arabic and English.
Ms. El Naggar received a B.A. in Political Science from the American University in Cairo in 2000, the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law in 2005, and the LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from the American University in Cairo in 2008.