Mr. Hossam El Habashi, Partner, has over 20 years of experience in civil code, commercial law, and administrative disputes in front of the administrative courts. He has advised in and conducted research in various disputes related to civil, commercial, real estate, administrative, banking, arbitration, and execution matters. He is well-versed in preparing writs of cases, appeals, complaints, memos, legal claims in the foregoing disputes.
Having joined ZH&P in 2005, selected examples of recent matters he has contributed to include:
- Advising Centamin Egypt PLC regarding its concession for gold exploration and mining at El-Sokkary field in the Western Desert as well as handling all of Centamin’s litigation matters. (2012 - In progress)
- Representing the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in the dispute regarding the USD 35 million loan to Omar Effendi. (2019)
- The dispute over declaring the bankruptcy of Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications – 2006/2009
- The dispute over the claimed invalidity of the privatization of Ideal Industrial Company (a subsidiary of Electrolux) – 2012/2016
- The dispute over the contract concluded between Accor Hotels and the Egyptian Railway Authority – 2015
- The dispute over the annulment of the industrial register of Nissan Egypt – 2014/2015
Mr. El Habashi is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 1999 and was admitted to the Court of Cassation in 2016. His working language is Arabic.
HHe achieved the LL.B. in 1998 from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law and two Diplomas in Private Law, Commercial Law, and International investments (equivalent to LL.M.) in 2004 from the same Faculty. He also successfully participated in a specialized course in Electronic Signature and a specialized course in Commercial Arbitration at Egyptian International Chamber of Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration in 2006.