Mr. Mohamed Zaher, Senior Associate, has joined ZH&P in 2014 with a special focus on Corporate, Capital Market and Due diligences. He has rendered general legal opinion to clients on both corporate and commercial matters and has undertaken the procedures of companies’ incorporation as related to investment law regimes – handling amendments of companies’ statutory documents and procedures and preparing required documents for incorporation, as well as opening and dealing with matters related to branches of foreign companies. He is also well-versed in drafting, attending and ratifying minutes of both General and Board of Directors meetings and in altering corporate clients’ capital and legal forms. He has considerable experience in opening representative offices and branches of multinational companies in Egypt and in drafting various memoranda and related research. He also assists clients in obtaining work permits, residency, and security clearances in Egypt - and supports the registration of ZH&P’s clients as importers, exporters, etc. Furthermore, Mr. Zaher is skilled in negotiating with official bodies such as the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI), the Egyptian Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA), the Industrial Development Authority (IDA), The Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Ministry of Social Solidarity (MOSS).
With a fast growing experience record of nine years, selected examples of the matters he has actively taken part in include:
- Advising on the Capital Increase of Consulya for Renting Administrative Units SAE (2021)
- Advising on the Capital Increase of TBE Egypt for Solution and Payment Services SAE (2021)
- Advising Fawry for Banking Technology and Electronic Payments SAE in the EGP 1.5 million capital increase of Waffarha Dot Com LTD. (2019)
- Advising on the capital increase of Misr Cement (Qena) (2018)
- Providing Legal Support to El Canal Sugar Company in the Agricultural Industrial Project for the Production of Sugar in Egypt (2018)
- Incorporation of a Joint Stock Company with Shareholders including Fawry Plus for Banking Services. (2017)
- Establishment of NGOs in Egypt such as Medicines Sans Frontiers and Leventine before the Ministry of Social Security and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 2016.
- Establishment of local branch offices for clients such as Alitalia, Mitsui, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, etc., before GAFI and the Egyptian Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA) - 2014 / to date.
- Incorporation of over 20 companies for clients such as Gas De France, Beltone, Port Marsa Alam for Tourism Investments, Condotte Egypt for Engineers and Contractors , Labmed for Medical Laboratories, etc. before GAFI – 2014/ to date.
- Preparation of statutory documents and procedures for over 100 companies before GAFI and the Egyptian Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA). Work covered Ordinary, Extraordinary General Meetings and capital increases as well as Board of Directors and Administrative Resolutions. Examples of clients include Sanita Group, Diktas for Spinning and dyeing, Fawry for Banking & Payment Technology Service, Beltone related Companies and Funds, Arab Investments Bank, etc. - 2014 / to date.
- Team member in Due Diligences for ElBorg Medical Laboratories in 2015 and El Farasha For Manufacture and Printing Packing Materials in 2016 – among others.
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 2012, was admitted before the Primary Court in 2014, and masters full proficiency in Arabic and English.
Mr. Zaher has achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law in 2010 and is currently candidate to the LL.M. in International Legal and Commercial Transactions, and Logistics at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport - Egypt.