Dr. Mostafa Elshazly, Senior Associate, joined ZH&P’s Corporate Department in 2018. He has diverse experience in Energy, Mining, Oil & Gas Law, Drafting Commercial Contracts, General Corporate as well as assisting governmental bodies in policy making process, management and development of natural resources.
Before Joining ZH&P, Dr. Mostafa Elshazly had worked at the Egyptian ministry of Petroleum and the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation – among others.
Selected examples of Dr. Elshazly`s expertise include:
1. Member of the team in charge of executing a modernization project in the Egyptian petroleum sector, funded by the World Bank, aiming at improving the investment climate in the Egyptian petroleum sector in terms of restructuring the regulatory framework for petroleum exploitation to attract foreign investment in the Egyptian petroleum sector - 2017.
2. Represented EGPC in negotiating and drafting an amendment agreement with BP and DEA for petroleum exploitation in the North Alexandria and West Nile Delta areas in the Mediterranean Sea including estimated initial reserves of (5 TSCF) of Gas and 55 MMBBL of condensate with an investment of $12 billion - 2015.
3. Member of the team which has performed studies, jointly with The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, on the commercial exploitation of flared gas in Egypt - 2016.
4. Member of the team which negotiated and drafted a partnership agreement between EGPC and EDISON Petroleum Company to create the electricity generator in Abu Qir Area (GAS to Power Project).
5. Advised EGPC in procurement arrangements and designated the Bid Round Book for international Bid rounds pertaining to petroleum exploration and exploitation.
Dr. Mostafa holds a Ph.D. in Commercial Law from Cairo University and has achieved his LL.B. from Faculty of Law (English Section), Alexandria University, in 2007. Dr. Elshazly is a part-time lecturer at Cairo University and he is an acting member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN). Dr. Elshazly achieved the professional Diploma: Oil, Gas and Energy Management in February 2015, Tulane University U.S.A, OGS Egypt. He is fluent in Arabic and in English.