Dr. Mostafa Elshazly, Senior Associate, joined ZH&P’s Corporate Department in 2018. He masters extensive knowledge and experience in Energy, Mining, Oil & Gas Law, Drafting Commercial Contracts, and General Corporate matters as well as being well versed in assisting governmental bodies in the management, development, and policymaking related to natural resources.
Before Joining ZH&P, Dr. Mostafa Elshazly had worked at the Egyptian ministry of Petroleum and the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation – among others.
Selected examples of Dr. Elshazly`s expertise include:
- Member of the team in charge of executing a modernization project in the Egyptian petroleum sector, funded by the World Bank, aiming at improving the investment climate in the Egyptian petroleum sector in terms of restructuring the regulatory framework for petroleum exploitation to attract foreign investment in the Egyptian petroleum sector - 2017.
- Represented EGPC in negotiating and drafting an amendment agreement with BP and DEA for petroleum exploitation in the North Alexandria and West Nile Delta areas in the Mediterranean Sea including estimated initial reserves of (5 TSCF) of Gas and 55 MMBBL of condensate with an investment of $12 billion - 2015.
- Member of the team which has performed studies, jointly with The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, on the commercial exploitation of flared gas in Egypt - 2016.
- Member of the team which negotiated and drafted a partnership agreement between EGPC and EDISON Petroleum Company to create the electricity generator in Abu Qir Area (GAS to Power Project).
- Advised EGPC in procurement arrangements and designated the Bid Round Book for international Bid rounds pertaining to petroleum exploration and exploitation.
Dr. El Shazly holds the Ph.D. in Commercial Law from Cairo University and the LL.B. from the Faculty of Law (English Section) of Alexandria University in 2007.
He also earned the professional Diploma: "Oil, Gas and Energy Management" from Tulane University U.S.A, OGS Egypt, in 2015. He is part-time lecturer at Cairo University and is an Acting Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).