Ms. Ragia Omran, Of Counsel, specializes in banking and finance, commercial and corporate law, BOOT/BOT projects, syndicated loan agreements, project finance, joint venture agreements, share purchase agreements, share subscription agreements, shareholders agreements, commercial and real estate mortgage, mergers and acquisitions, tender offers, due diligence, share transfer, restructuring, incorporation and administration of companies, and aviation compensation claims.
With over 16 years of experience and having joined ZH&P in 2012, selected recent examples of the matters that Ms. Omran has handled include:
- The Arab Republic of Egypt’s US$ 10,000,000,000 Global Medium Term Note Programme – client: Natixis Bank, BNP Paribas, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, J.P. Morgan Securities plc, the National Bank of Egypt
- Issuance by Ministry of Finance of US$4 billion international bonds as a private placement for the Central Bank of Egypt - client: HSBC Bank PLC (UK)
- Facility Agreement to finance the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company’s four electrical substations in Egypt - client: Deutsche Bank AG, Paris Branch
- Financing of the supply, installation and commissioning of a 4,400MW Combined Cycle Power Plant power plant in Beni Suef – client: HSBC Bank PLC (UK)
- Financing of 6 Electrical Transmission Substations in Egypt – client: BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV/ Societe Generale
- Financing the Conversion of the 6th October Electrical Power Plant – client: HSBC Bank plc and HSBC Bank Middle East Limited
- Representing the lenders in OHD’s LE 2 billion debt refinancing package – client: The Commercial International Bank and other Banks (as the Facility Agent)
- Facility Agreement for US 10,000,000 by HSBC Bank Middle East Limited – Client: Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications
- in the Syndication Facility Agreement with the National Bank of Egypt in its capacity and as Facility Agent, Banque Misr, Arab African International Bank, QNB, and Abu Dhabi National Bank as lenders – client: El Sewedy Power System Projects
- Facility Agreement between the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company and Deutsche Bank and other banks - client: SFIL (a French société anonyme)
- Line of credit agreement providing Afreximbank (African Export and Import Bank) with a fund for financing trade operations between Arab exports and African imports from the African countries eligible for BADEA funding - client. The Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA)
- Loan Agreement between Misr Cement Qena and a syndicate of banks to finance the acquisition on ASEC Cement Minya and ASEC Ready Mix
Ms. Omran was ranked by the LEGAL 500 as “Leading Individual” in the Banking and Finance practice for the year 2018. She was also ranked by IFLR1000 as “Highly Regarded Leading Lawyer” in the Banking and Project Finance practices for the years 2018 and 2019 as well as being recognized among the IFLR1000’s “Women Leaders”.
She is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 2002 and is fluent in Arabic, English, and has a basic proficiency in French.
Ms. Omran achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law in 2001, a Master’s degree in Law, Banking and Finance from Queen Mary College of the University of London in 2003, and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History from Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania USA in 1994.