Mr. Ramy Atef, Senior Associate, joined ZH&P’s Litigation Department in 2013 The typical skills acquired and applied by Mr. Atef include: handling various civil, commercial, criminal and administrative cases; attending before courts of all natures and degrees; drafting legal memoranda, statements of claim and statements of challenge; preparing and drafting contracts; giving legal opinions on the Trade Law, the Civil Code, the Labor Law and the Law of the Central Bank of Egypt; undertaking all procedures of registering real estate properties; and enforcing legal judgments.
With a growing track record of seven years, selected examples of the matters he has taken part in include:
• Cases of claims and indemnities for clients such as Orient International Trading Ltd, Horus Foam Manufacturing Co. SAE, Travel Choice Overseas Ltd, DP WORLD SOKHNA, Industry and Economy Consultants Co. (IEC), HILTON Cairo Zamalek Residences.
• Cases for clients from the banking sector in Egypt.
• Labor Cases for clients such as: Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Ramses Hilton Hotel, Conrad Cairo Hotel, Le Méridien Heliopolis, Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis, Merck Serono Ltd, Ina Industrial Nafta D.D Zagreb/Naftaplin, The American University in Cairo, The German University in Cairo, Al Nour Wal Amal Association.
• Capital Market Disputes for clients such as: Herms Securities Brokerage, , Beltone Financial.
• Complaints against legal fees for clients such as: Grand Nile Tower,British International School in Cairo.
• Real estate cases for clients such as: Cairo Diagnostics Laboratory,GDF Suez Exploration Egypt B.V Egypt.
• Taxation and customs disputes for clients such as: Electrolux Egypt,Conrad Cairo Hotel.
Mr. Atef is member of the Egyptian Bar Association and was admitted before the Egyptian Courts of Appeal in 2016. He is proficient in Arabic and English.
He achieved the LL.B. in 2009from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law where he also received a Diploma in Private Law in 2010 and a Diploma in Public Law in 2011 (Equivalent to Masters in Private and Public Law. He also received a Basic Certificate in translation in 2016 from the Arabic and Translation Section of the American University (AUC) in Cairo. He is currently enrolled in a Legal and UN Translation Diploma at the AUC.