Mr. Samir Sayed, Senior Associate, is member of ZH&P’s Litigation team since 2001. With over 25 years of experience, his input to litigation matters includes drafting memoranda, statements of claims, legal opinions and negotiations towards amicable dispute settlement.
Selected examples of matters he has contributed to include:
• Cases relating to the sales taxes, value added tax (criminal issues); additional tax; input tax refund, capital goods tax refund; tax evasion misdemeanors and all related laws – for clients such as: Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E., Otis Egypt S.A.E., Misr Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Manufacturing Co. S.A.E. “Miraco”, Conrad International Hotels, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Nissan Motor Egypt S.A.E, TOTAL Egypt LLC, El Giza for Touristic Development, Al-Ahram Beverages Company, LG Electronics Egypt S.A.E, , and NSCC International Limited.
• Cases relating to the Customs Law and the recovery of service fee including the drafting of legal opinions on the Law and relating Laws, especially the Import and Export Law – for clients such as: Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E., Arab Medical Packing Co. ( Flexipack ), LG Electronics Egypt S.A.E, NSCC International Limited, and TOTAL Egypt LLC.
• Cases relating to the Trade Law and Economic Courts and to all types of bank transactions and bankruptcy cases – for clients such as: some of the leading banks in Egypt, EGYMED and CEGELEC Italia S.P.A. In addition to cases relating to the Maritime Trade Law and the Commercial Agencies for clients such as: KLINGSPOR Abrasives, Inc., Egyptian Engineering Agencies S.A.E, LG Medical Systems Company, and Electrolux Group.
• Cases relating to laws on the lease of real estate for clients such as: the American University in Cairo, Ieoc Production B.V., and Kuwait Investment Company.
• Cases relating to the educational establishments and labor for clients such as: the American University in Cairo and Ieoc Production B.V.
• Cases relating to the Civil Code for clients such as: Cargill Trading Egypt, Egyptian Fertilizers Company, FINANZIARIA SACCARIFERA ITALO IBERICA S.P.A., LEONI Wiring Systems Egypt S.A.E., the Arab Company for Arts and Publishing.
• Misdemeanors relating to commercial adulteration for clients such as: Le Méridien Hotel and AROMATCO S.A.E.
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 1993 and was admitted before the Court of Cassation in 2011. He is also member of the Egyptian Tax Society. His working languages are Arabic and English.
Mr. Sayed has achieved the LL.B. from the Faculty of Law, Ain-Shams University, in 1991.