Mr. Walid Abdel Zaher, Partner, has over 27 years of experience in litigation, labor, lease, telecommunications, intellectual property, civil and criminal laws, as well as laws and regulations relating to non-governmental organizations. Namely and as related to each area of practice, he is well-versed in:
- Litigation: preparing memoranda, challenges, and execution procedures
- Labor: contributing to arbitration in collective labor disputes and preparing related legal opinions and agreements.
- Lease: preparing and reviewing lease and notarization contracts.
- Telecommunications: site acquisition and lease contracts.
- Civil and criminal law: procedures and hearing front of all court degrees.
Having joined ZH&P in 2001, the most recent examples of the matters he has contributed to include:
- Successfully represented Vodafone Telecommunications Egypt in the misdemeanor accusation against its CEO - 2016.
- Successfully represented one of the leading automotive companies in Egypt in the misdemeanor accusation against its CEO - 2016.
- Successfully reached a court decision towards a 5-years imprisonment of the Financial Manager of Globe Spinning & Dyeing Company S.A.E. for embezzlement of EGP 5 million of the Company’s funds - 2016.
- Conducted due diligence for Al Mokhtabar Moemena Kamel Laboratories - 2016.
- Representing NGOs such as Levantine Foundation and the Ancient Egypt Research Associates by handling their legal procedures before the Ministry of Social Solidarity and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Representing a major sports club in its disputes before the courts and sports arbitration bodies such as The Egyptian Sports Settlement And Arbitration Center
Mr. Abdel Zaher is member of the Egyptian Bar Association, was admitted before the Court of Cassation in 2011, and is registered as a Patent Agent since 1999. He is proficient in Arabic and English.
He has achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law in 1993.