Mr. Yasir Elakhdar, Partner, masters an in-depth knowledge of corporate laws and mergers and acquisitions - both in Egypt and the GCC region. In addition to handling a broad range of corporate transactions, trade regulation matters and providing general corporate advice, he proactively contributes to public and private mergers, acquisitions and joint-ventures.
Having joined ZH&P in 2012 and with over 11 years of experience, his professional track record includes the following selected examples of recent transactions that he has contributed to:
- Sale of minority stake in Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development S.A.E. – 2017
- Joint-venture between the German Medical Health Care Center LLC, ProVita International Medical Center LLC and other investors for the operation of the biggest healthcare and rehabilitation facility in Egypt – 2017
- Joint Venture Project between Red Sea Resorts (RSR) and Inertia for Real Estate Development (Inertia) - 2017
- Advised Nile Holding Company for Investment S.A.E. on its successful investment in KIBO Fund II in Mauritius - 2016
- Acted as local counsel in Egypt for the team advising Acino Pharma in its successful acquisition of certain assets of Norgine B.V. worldwide - 2016
- Member of the team advising Beltone Financial Holding on its acquisition of a majority stake in Auerbach Grayson & Co. (New York-based brokerage firm) – 2016
- Advised Al-Safat Investment Group on the sale of a majority stake (59.5%) in National Drilling Company (S.A.E) (Pending Regulatory Approvals) - 2016
- Advised OCI N.V. on its successful de-merger of its construction business and dual listing of the shares of Orascom Construction (one of the de-merged entities) on Dubai NASDAQ and the Egyptian Exchange - 2015
- Advised the majority shareholders in the successful divestment of the entire stake in Fawry for Banking and Payment Technology Services S.A.E. - 2015
- Advised the majority shareholders in the successful divestment of the entire stake in Misr Glass Manufacturing Company S.A.E. – 2015
- Member of the team advising OCI N.V on its successful acquisition, through a Mandatory Tender Offer, of the outstanding shares (and GDRs) of Orascom Construction Industries S.A.E. - 2014
- Represented TVM Capital Ltd. on its successful acquisition, through a Mandatory Tender Offer, of a majority stake in the Arab Medical Equipment Company “AMECO” S.A.E. - 2014
- Member of the team advising Qatari National Bank on its successful acquisition, through a Mandatory Tender Offer, of the outstanding shares of National Société Générale Bank - 2013
- Advised the shareholders (together with EFG-Hermes as financial advisor) on the successful sale of all the outstanding shares in Cleopatra Hospital Company S.A.E. - 2012
Mr. Elakhdar was ranked by the LEGAL 500 as “Next Generation Lawyer” in the Projects & Infrastructure practice for the years 2017 and 2018.
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 2005, of the New York State Bar since 2010, and is proficient in Arabic and English.
Mr. Elakhdar achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law (English Section) in 2005 and the LL.M. in International Law and Comparative Law from the American University in Cairo in 2007. He also achieved another LL.M. in General Studies from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York USA, in 2009.