Mr. Ahmed Abdel Meguid, Counsel, joined ZH&P’s Corporate Department in 2012. He has diverse experience in Corporate and Business Law including - but not limited to - Mergers and Acquisitions, Companies Formation, Due Diligences, Drafting Commercial Contracts, Real Estate Agreements, and General Corporate and Commercial Procedures.
Before Joining ZH&P in 2012, Mr. Abdel Meguid was an Associate at two law firms in Egypt in 2008 and 2012 - respectively.
Selected examples of the matters he has supported at ZH&P include:
- Subscription by Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications (“Vodafone”) in a considerable stake of the share capital of Ebtikar Holding for Financial Services S.A.E.’s non-banking financial services subsidiaries (“Targets”) and taking over the management of these subsidiaries. (2021)
- Advising Actis LLP in its anticipated USD 20 million direct acquisition of up to 15% of the issued ordinary share capital of Fawry for Banking & Payment Technology Services SAE. (2019)
- Legal Advisor to BPE Partners and Tanmiya Capital Ventures in their Acquisition of Tamweel Group. (2017)<
- Advising Hewlett Packard on the Acquisition of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd’s Printer Business (the Egyptian leg of the Transaction). (2017)
- Representing BPE Partners and MM Group for Industry and International Trade (MTI) in their 60% acquisition of TBE Egypt for Payment Solutions and Services (Bee) for EGP 156 Million, (2017)
- Representing Emirates Hospital Group in their acquisition of Alameda Healthcare Group which owns shares in the Dar Al Fouad and As-Salam International Hospitals in Egypt. (2017)
- Representing Hewlett-Packard (HP) in the USD 1.05 Billion transaction where HP acquired Samsung’s printer business. (2017)
- Member of the full-fledged legal due diligence exercise carried over Orascom Hotels & Development SAE and 58 of its Egyptian subsidiaries to enable the company to carry out all the necessary corporate actions for its restructuring in preparation of the public offering of its shares. (2014)
- Representing Actis LLP in its acquisition of a minority stake in Integrated Diagnostic Holdings, a company deriving from the merger of Al Borg Laboratories and Al Mokhtabar in 2012, the biggest medical diagnostic companies in Egypt. (2015)
He is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 2013. He masters full command of Arabic, French and English.
Mr. Abdel Meguid achieved a French LL.B. from Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne in 2008, an Egyptian L.L.B from Cairo University in 2012, the LL.M. in Distribution and Business Contracts Law in 2009/2010 from Montpellier I University - France, and a University Diploma in Arbitration Law from Montpellier 1 University, France in 2009/2010. He also obtained an LL.M in the International and European Business Law from Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France in 2010/2011.
"'Hossam Hafez, Ahmed Meguid and Osama Abdelmawla are dedicated team members '". The LEGAL 500 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2020
"Meguid is exceptional in due diligence and has been essential in identifying key risks and how to mitigate it." IFLR1000 Client Reviews, 2020