Mr. Hossam Ibrahim, Partner, joined ZH&P in 1997 and became Partner in 2015 with a special focus on Litigation, Labor and Social Insurance Laws, Taxation Laws.
With over 28 years of experience, selected examples of the matters he has contributed to include:
- Representing Oracle Corporation Oracorp in the case filed against the Minister of Finance in his capacity as the President of the Tax Authority to challenge the decree rendered by the Tax Appeal Committee amounting to EGP 7,627,154. (In progress)
- Representing British Petroleum Egypt in the three cases filed by former employees to requesting compensation for alleged unfair dismissal. (In progress)
- Representing the Australian Embassy in Cairo in two cases filed by former employees requesting compensation for alleged unfair dismissal. (In progress)
- Representing the Australian Embassy in Cairo in the Case Filed by Ms. Zakaria Requesting Compensation for Unfair Dismissal.
- Sixty lawsuits between Meridien Heliopolis Hotel and its employees regarding employees’ profit share.
- Several lawsuits between Saipem Misr and Saipem S.P.A. regarding employees’ profit share.
- Settlement of several disputes regarding termination of employment issues on behalf of several clients such as Merck Sharp, AIG for Insurance, LEO Pharmaceutical Products Sarath Ltd, DSD Ferrometalco – among others.
- Reviewing employment Internal regulations for several companies such as Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsui Company, Merck Ltd. – Egypt, LEO Pharmaceutical Products Sarath Ltd – among others.
- Participating in several legal due diligence investigations to cover tax and labor matters such as the Acquisition of the Egyptian Company for Pharmaceutical and Chemical Industries, EIMC United Pharmaceuticals, Alexandria for Confectionery and Chocolate “Corona” S.A.E, El Rashidi El Mizan, Jawhara Food Industries - among others.
Mr. Ibrahim is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association and was admitted to the Egyptian Court of Cassation in 2011. His working languages are Arabic and English.
He achieved his LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law in 1992 and further obtained two Diplomas in Private Law and International Commercial Law from the same Faculty in 1995 and 1996 respectively.