Mr. Omar Abou Elenain, Senior Partner, has accumulated over 33 years of experience in the disciplines of Litigation in commercial procedures and penalties, employment, social security, tourism, capital market, construction and real estate. He also specializes in commercial and civil contracts as well as providing consultation and legal advice in the field of banking and financial services.
Having joined ZH&P in 1999, the most prominent examples of the matters he has recently contributed to include:
- Representing Nissan Motors Egypt in the case filed by a motor car agency company claiming EGP 20 million related to agency rights. (In Progress)
- Representing Philips Egypt in the case filed against a private hospital and requesting over USD 190,000 for outstanding invoices of a maintenance contract. (In Progress)
- Representing the Arab Bank in the case filed by an individual requesting imbursements from the Bank in the amount of EUR 10,000 and EGP 500,000. (2021)
- Representing the Arab Bank in refuting the claims of the heirs of a client of the bank regarding the value of the testator’s account. (In progress)
- Representing Philips Medical Systems Egypt in the case filed against Nawah Medical Investment Company requesting EGP 12 million for the supply and installation of medical equipment. (2019)
- Successfully representing the Arab Bank in the appeal filed by a claimant against the Bank and other respondents to challenge an earlier judgment requesting LE 630,000,000 as compensation for material and moral damages. The Court obligated the respondents to jointly pay LE 200,000 to the claimant - 2016
- Successfully representing Hilton International Company – Egypt Branch – in the case filed by a claimant requesting an indemnification of LE 6 million against employment charges claimed to be due from 1984 (according to the Ministerial Decree of 1984) through the date of the Claimant’s resignation in 2011. The Claimant challenged the judgment and it is currently being deliberated in the court of appeal.
- Undertook the reconciliation and settlement negotiations leading to the signing of the Collective labour agreement between Hilton Fayrouz Resort Sharm El Sheikh and its employees over the disputed proceeds of the 12% service charge collected by the Hotel – 2015.
The LEGAL 500 ranked Mr. Omar Abou Elenain as a “Leading Individual” in the Dispute Resolution (Litigation) practice in 2020 and 2021 and recommended him in the Employment practice in 2018, 2019, and 2021. Chambers and Partners also ranked him as Band 2 Lawyer in Litigation in 2021 and as Band 1 Lawyer in 2020.
Mr. Abou Elenain was admitted before the Egyptian Court of Cassation in 2011. He is proficient in Arabic and English.
He achieved his LL.B. from Ain-Shams University’s Faculty of Law in 1986.
“Working with Omar Abou Elenain. He always provides honest advice and thinks with us about the best approach always.” The LEGAL 500 – Client Testimonials – Employment, 2021
“Omar Abou Elenain is a central figure [in ZH&P’s Litigation Department]” The LEGAL 500 – Litigation, 2021
”Senior partner Omar Abou Elenain is widely recognised for his longstanding experience in litigation. Having been in practice for more than three decades, he is noted for his work on behalf of clients from the telecoms, hospitality and finance sectors. Fellow practitioners cite him as a "strong lawyer." Chambers and Partners – Litigation, 2021
“‘Omar Aboul Enein is extremely helpful. He put in all his effort and was always available. He has the knowledge and the honesty that comes with a real respectful law firm.‘” The LEGAL 500 – Employment, 2020
“At Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law, senior partners Youssef Abou Zeid and Omar Abou Elenain are the standout practitioners in one of the largest litigation practices in Egypt.” The LEGAL 500 – Dispute Resolution: Litigation, 2020
“Omar El Enein is regarded as one of the leading litigators in the country. Admitted before the Court of Cassation, he gains specific praise for his work representing hospitality clients, and he has also acted for financial institutions and food manufacturers. One client said that ‘he has great experience in this field.’" Chambers and Partners Global Reviews (Litigation), 2020
“Senior partner Omar Abou El Enain…and Youssef Abou Zeid are highly recommended” ”. The LEGAL 500 – Dispute Resolution (Litigation), 2019
“Omar Abou El Enein handled sensitive negotiations between a major international hotel operator and unions regarding payments” ”. The LEGAL 500 – Employment, 2019
“At Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law, Youssef Abou Zeid leads a team comprising ‘a large number of lawyers with deep experience in litigation and arbitration’. Omar Abou El Enain is also noted. Vodafone Egypt is a client The LEGAL 500 – Dispute Resolution (Litigation), 2018
“Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law is ‘excellent for all aspects of legal advice’ including contracts, regulatory compliance and disputes. Youssef Abou Zeid - , Hala Hashem and Omar Abou El Enain provide ‘patient and balanced advice’”. The LEGAL 500 – Employment, 2018