Mr. Osama Abdelmawla, Partner, joined ZH&P early 2018 with a focus on the corporate and mergers & acquisitions areas of practice. He renders general legal opinions to clients on both corporate and commercial matters, undertakes the procedures of companies’ incorporation as related to capital market and investment laws, and handles amendments of companies’ statutory documents.
He has extensive experience in corporate and compliance matters as well as the different types of agreements and business relationships including all corporate work such as general corporate resolutions, amending articles of association, capital reduction/increase, and advising on structuring/re-organization of companies and shareholders arrangements. He has worked with clients having different backgrounds (multinational, national and governmental entities) and assisted them in dealing with governmental authorities as well as drafted a wide range of agreements including shareholders agreement, share purchase agreements, and joint ventures.
With over 15 years of experience, selected examples of the matters recently handled by Mr. Abdelmawla include:
- Acting as the Local Legal Counsel to Alexandria Container and Cargo Handling Company SAE in the anticipated follow-on offering on the Egyptian Stock Exchange of Up to 20% of the issued share capital of the Company. (In progress)
- Undertaking the sell-side due diligence of Fawry for Banking Technology Electronic and Payment SAE in the Initial Public Offering with a value of EGP 1.65 billion (and Coordinating all IPO procedures with the issuer’s counsel). (2019)
- Advising the Egyptian Countryside Development Company (Al-Reef Al-Masry for Development) in the National Project for Reclaiming and Cultivating 1.5 Million Feddans. (2018)
- Advising the shareholders and management of Damietta Furniture City S.A.E. in the establishment of the new industrial furniture city at Damietta Governorate for SMEs and strategic industrial investors. (2018)
- Led the team advising UAE Sovereign fund in divestment of some of its assets in Egypt.
- Advised on the restructuring of an Egyptian Company working in the field of Food and Beverage Industry in preparation of its acquisition by a multinational fund.
- Led the team advising a leading international company working in the field of airports security checks in its acquisition of an Egyptian company working in the same field as part of a global team.
- Led the team working with a Saudi fund working in the field of white goods in its penetration of the Egyptian market through acquisition of a leading Egyptian entity working in the same filed.
- Led the team advising the largest milk producer in the Arab World in its potential acquisition of an Egyptian company whose activities include the ownership and operation of cattle, fruit and vegetable farms; the production of dairy and dry dairy products; and the ownership and operation of supermarkets.
- Led the team advising one of the largest chemicals producers in the world in its global restructuring and split of business on the Egyptian and Middle East level.
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since his graduation on 2004 and is currently admitted before the Egyptian Courts of Appeal. He is proficient in Arabic and English.
Mr. Abdelmawla achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University – Law School English Section in 2004.
"'Hossam Hafez, Ahmed Meguid and Osama Abdelmawla are dedicated team members'". The LEGAL 500 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2020