Ms. Sara Abdel Gabbar, Partner, joined ZH&P in 2015 actively contributing to the practices of Corporate, M&A and Finance, Intellectual Property and Telecoms. She is also well-experienced in advising on employment matters and well-versed in cooperating with the different governmental authorities including - but not limited to - the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones, the Capital Market Authority, the Social Insurance Authority, and the Real Estate Registration Offices.
Prior to joining ZH&P, Ms. Abdel Gabbar was a Corporate Lawyer from 2011 till 2015 in one of the world’s largest FMCG companies as well as having been a member of the team of legal advisors of the International Finance Corporation and the advisors of the Egyptian Ministry of Finance on the private public partnership project to construct, finance, design, equip, maintain, provide non-clinical services in addition to some diagnostic services for two new public hospitals and a blood bank. She was also Member of the Team working on the concession agreement for the Sukari Mine - the first Gold Mine in Egypt - in 2010 & 2011.
With over 14 years of experience, selected examples of the matters she has contributed to since joining ZH&P include:
- Advising Bidders on the Anticipated USD 110 million 6th of October Dry Port PPP Project. (In progress)
- Sole Legal Counsel to ENPPI in its contemplated Initial Public Offering. (In progress)
- The Egyptian Securitization Company’s 7th Securitization Bond Issuance for the amount of EGP 1,072,500,000 (backed up by the portfolio of CORPLEASE). (2018)
- CIB and a consortium of Lenders in Orascom Development Egypt’s Syndicated Loan Agreement and Common Terms and Intercreditor Agreement. (2018)
- Advising HSBC Bank plc on a Term and Revolving Facility Agreement and Egyptian Security Documents. (2018)
- CIB and a consortium of Lenders in Orascom Development Egypt’s’ (ODE) Syndicated Loan Agreement and Common Terms and Intercreditor Agreement. (2018)
- BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV (Lender and Facility Agent) in the EUR 98,497,331 Hermes Facility Agreement towards Financing EETC’s Sammanoud and Abo El Matamir Electricity Substations. (2017)
- BPE Partners and MM Group in the acquisition of 60% of the issued share capital of TBE Payment Solutions. (2017)
- HSBC Bank plc on a Term and Revolving Facility Agreement and Egyptian Security Documents granted to Aquaterra Energy Group Limited. (2017)
- BNP Paribas (Lender and Facility Agent) in the EUR 98,497,331 Hermes Facility Agreement towards Financing of EETC’s Sammanoud and Abo El Matamir Electricity Substations. (2017)
- Initial Public Offering of Raya Contact Center. (2017)
- CORPLEASE in the issuance of the fifth securitization bonds’ Securitization Bond. (2015)
- Acquisition of Medsofts by Archer Daniels Midland. (2016)
- Acquisition of Norgine Pharma Group in Egypt. (2016)
Ms. Abdel Gabbar is member of the Egyptian Bar Association. She is proficient in Arabic and English.
She achieved the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law (English Section) in 2005 and obtained the LL.M. in International and Comparative Law with emphasis on Business International Law from Indiana University’s Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2011.